The speed. The space. The missed tackles, blown assignments, chaos and confusion. The juggernaut your team just could not stop.That helpless feeling you had on the sidelines. It became the frustration you felt when you sat down to watch the film. Even today, when you look back on it… You are not sure if you will be ready when it comes back around.I’m not talking about a Spread Offense. I am talking about a team who gets athletes into space, athletes with blazing speed. Linemen who execute their blocks. A complete team, who can run and throw.
We aren’t just talking about a formation. We are talking about defending teams who have made spreading the field a philosophy, a lifestyle, a habit.Anyone can defend an average spread offense. Will your team be ready to defend a great spread offense?A Philosophy for Defending the Spread Offense
If you want to stop the great one’s, you have to aspire to be great just like them. You can leave no stone unturned in your preparation. Whether you see it once a season or 10 games in a row, if you are going to run with the best, you have to prepare like them.
In The Complete Guide to Defending the Spread Offense, I have taken a huge amount of time to do exactly that. I’ve put days, weeks and months of work into preparation for defending the best spread offenses around.
The result of that preparation is a 30 part video series on Defending the spread offense. It’s unlike anything out there today. Our kids are not natural athletes, our scheme is not unique. Our preparation to win will be, and you can see it in The Complete Guide to Defending the Spread Offense.
What Will It Take?
Defending the Spread Offense requires time and effort. This is not a quick fix suggestion. It is 3.5 hours of information on stopping the hottest offense in football. Here are some of the aspects of defending the spread offense that I looked at.
- Identify the strengths and characteristics of the spread offense you face. Get to know their philosophy before you try to stop it.
- Defining your run fits, no matter what front you run. 4-3, 3-5, 3-4, 4-2-5… Regardless of defensive scheme, the run fits must be clearly defined.
- Tackling, pursuit, practicing the habits your players must possess to stop the spread.
- Knowing how your alignment can affect the offense you are facing, and what to do within your system to dictate to the offense.
- How we need to fit every major running play we see from Spread Offense opponents.
- How our coverage has to adjust in order to defend a team that is spreading us out. Screens and draws, quick game, 5 step passing and more.
- Pressuring the passer, containing great athletes, covering scramble routes – anything that I’ve seen hurt us in the past, we have to be prepared to defend in the future.
- Defending the spread offense on the goal line, where you never know what you are going to get.
These videos are not fancy – no peppy intro music, no dynamic cut-ups, just information. Every piece of information I have to give on building a winning philosophy for stopping the spread offense.
Where to Get The Complete Guide to Defending the Spread Offense?
The Complete Guide to Defending the Spread Offense was made available exclusively to Football-Defense.com Subscribers back in mid-December and has received great response. Now I’m making the 30 video segments totaling over 3.5 hours of video, available to everyone.
You are looking at over $200 of value if you compare this to what you would pay for 200+ minutes of video from the major Coaching DVD companies.
You get access immediately, with no download necessary – and unlimited access, forever. You could pay a huge shipping charge and still not see your videos for a few days in other places. Or worse, pay the cheap shipping not get what you need for weeks.
Sorry if this post sounds like a sales pitch. On the one hand, it is. But I believe every word in it. There has been a ton of effort to go into The Complete Guide to Defending the Spread Offense and what has come as the result will show it.
As a final word to the wise, the current price is not permanent and will be going up in the near future. Eventually, I will start charging what it is worth!